Sunday, October 17, 2010

Canon or Nikon? The jury is still out.

So I took my photography call and loved it. But when I started, my teacher had a love for Nikon and introduced us to the Nikon d90 which is a professional camera that will make you drool. He has since upgraded to a Nikon d300 which, is so nice I can't even afford it in my dreams. Anyways, he also told me that my Canon Rebel was a nice consumer type camera. WTH. I wasn't going for consumer type, I want a Professional camera. So I discussed this with Ben , OK I talked and he pretended to agree with me, because when I talk, I basically inform you of what I am going to do and you can disagree and fight me; but I am just going to do what I want anyways. It's who I am, let it go. I have decided to get a different camera, when I get all the money saved up. Now because I already know how much I have to save and how long this is going to take, I have narrowed it down to a couple of choice cameras. I was going to go with the Canon 50d but have since decided that I would end up wanting more, so it is a decision between the Canon 7d or the Nikon D7000.

Pros's for the Canon, I already have three lenses, it has a higher mega pixel, 18 vs 16.2, I already know the brand and love it. Pros for the Nikon, more stores around here sell Nikon products rather than Canon products. The D7000 is less expensive than the Canon.

Either way they should both be good cameras. Whats your opinion?

1 comment:

Trouble said...

the only camera I have right now is the one in my phone. I would be jealous of any upgrade of that.